Suminex Forums

Suminex message board

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-28 03:07:52

admin
Administrator

The future of the game

Hey guys. I apologize for being away for so long, I've been busy working on a different non-gaming project and there hasn't really been anything new to report.  Until now. I am getting back into working on Suminex.

One of the struggles I've had with this game is figuring out what I wanted it to become. I've had many ideas that have muddled my vision for this game, ideas like elements of survival and base building, etc. Ultimately I've decided all those ideas are better suited for a different game entirely (one I have no current plans to start, maybe in the long off future) and what I should strive for in Suminex is a xen-inspired pvp-heavy rpg where you can zone out, grind levels/gear and explore, but do it better. So my focus for the game is shifting towards PVP. My current plan is to make the game better and more smooth by revamping and overhauling anything needed, ironing out bugs and just making everything feel better and look better. I want to introduce many new abilities and skills to give characters and pvp a unique feel, and make each class unique and fun to play. Racials, skills, talents which modify abilities, buffs, etc. An increased level cap and guild system will be needed. I am also going to introduce a good/evil system. Now I know what you're thinking... but before you jump to conclusions it's going to work differently then how it worked on Xenimus. I want to encourage pvp as much as possible, and this system should do that. Basically all races can be either good or evil. By killing your own side you lose alignment. Eventually you will gain/lose enough alignment to be neutral, and then eventually fully transition to good/evil. Think old xen alignment system, but the evil side isnt restricted to just a shitty town. Each side will have benefits, both permanent ones and temporary ones based on pvp events or something else. The world will be redesigned to encourage pvp between the two factions, but pvp with your own faction is completely acceptable if you don't mind losing alignment. I also want to introduce a big DS-like dungeon environment, with a t7 DS-like entrance located in an area land-locked between the 2 sides, ensuring a good mess of pvp action. This good/evil system is not only beneficial to pvp, but it will help develop the game's story and environments as well. Improvements to pve and enemy AI is also a goal. 

No idea when you will see these changes, but work is already underway. I plan on having a pvp weekend with max level characters and gear for testing soon. More info on that as this update develops. I will try to post more frequently and update you on the progress. Missed you guys tongue

#2 2021-05-02 18:02:39

admin
Administrator

Re: The future of the game

Currently upgrading the game's network solution (Mirror). It is becoming quite the task, but I think the rewards will be worth it. Everything already seems much smoother but I have to make sure everything works properly because it broke a lot of stuff. Thinking about updating the current version of the game to this newer updated network solution once I get all the problems ironed out.

#3 2021-05-19 02:55:46

admin
Administrator

Wow you all really left huh? That's ok I will still continue to hammer away at this game.

Things are going good, I have the updated networking solution and I am improving things left and right. The build I am working on consumes about 50% less ram on start up than the current live build, as the world and dungeons now load in and out as you play. This means loading into the game is faster as well. Improvements on resource usage on the server side has improved dramatically as well, which means I can really start to expand the game. But right now my main focus is on getting the game to feel and play right. Part of that includes making the game feel more like xenimus, which means I am putting in all the buffs, tueri, velo, robur etc. Night vision, invisibility. Bright extrude bubbles. These small changes alone make the game feel so much more xen-like. Clerics have also been changed to more resemble their xenimus counter parts, which means they will get red beam and almus. I am also experimenting with making necromancer actually viable, and I might have accomplished that with a cool new multi spell, and improving how pets are handled. Another goal of mine is to go through a lot of the important scripts in the game and rewrite/improve them. When I started this project I was completely new to c#, and haven't really done much programming outside of web stuff. Since then my skills and understanding of programming have drastically improved, which means a lot of these important scripts are badly written. Rewritting the important stuff will go a long way I believe.

I hear ej removed DS on xen, even though I haven't played in many years, this hurts my heart! Feels like someone has died or something. Maybe I can attempt to recreate it, it's pretty well imprinted in my memory. Some parts may be hazy though. Maybe one of you guys would like to work on recreating it? Let me know.

#4 2021-05-22 16:48:50

Griblin

U have at least one person still here. Me smile....ive only played briefly due to work but get on when i can. Love this game as xenimus sux nowadays ever since he wiped everything. Just so u know the storage bug is very bad. If u dont put ur gear on ur person before logging off it will all disappear when u log back on. Other than that the game is looking great. Just need a few more more hunting spots and possibly a map. Not dogging your work, just suggestions. Ill try to get a few people to check suminex out so it can possibly start building up players. Thank u for the hard work and look forward to seeing what u do with it in the future.

#5 2021-05-23 10:11:23

Xyponx

Most people have probably just stopped checking, there's still significant interest in this project.

I am personally not happy that you've decided to focus on PVP but I'm very likely a tiny minority; I'm sure it will prove to be a popular decision.

Other than that I like your ideas and am looking forward to seeing how this project develops.

#6 2021-05-23 10:18:21

Kovitikus
Alpha Tester

I know how you feel about me, so you can disregard this post if you wish.

You can't just disappear for nearly a year and then come back and expect everybody to still be around.

First of all, I don't care what was going on in your life, you had a moment somewhere in those months to post and tell people who were interested that you were going on hiatus. If you are going to have a project like this, you have a certain amount of responsibility to those in your community.

It's an absolute dick move to just walk away and not communicate anything about what's going on. There's literally no excuse for that behavior. It's the kind of bullshit that EJ would pull.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/sumiokxe/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 764

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/sumiokxe/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 840

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/sumiokxe/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 840

#7 2021-05-24 00:00:24

admin
Administrator

Griblin wrote:

U have at least one person still here. Me smile....ive only played briefly due to work but get on when i can. Love this game as xenimus sux nowadays ever since he wiped everything. Just so u know the storage bug is very bad. If u dont put ur gear on ur person before logging off it will all disappear when u log back on. Other than that the game is looking great. Just need a few more more hunting spots and possibly a map. Not dogging your work, just suggestions. Ill try to get a few people to check suminex out so it can possibly start building up players. Thank u for the hard work and look forward to seeing what u do with it in the future.

Appreciate it. I plan on rewritting all item related scripts in the game, so things should work better when it's done. I agree with you on hunting areas as well.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/sumiokxe/public_html/forum/include/parser.php on line 764

#8 2021-05-24 00:03:51

admin
Administrator

Xyponx wrote:

Most people have probably just stopped checking, there's still significant interest in this project.

I am personally not happy that you've decided to focus on PVP but I'm very likely a tiny minority; I'm sure it will prove to be a popular decision.

Other than that I like your ideas and am looking forward to seeing how this project develops.

When I say focus on pvp, when I really mean is adjusting stats, hp/mp, enemy damage, player damage. I want to mesh it all together and get them working in harmony for a good pvp and pve experience.

#9 2021-05-24 00:09:38

admin
Administrator

Kovitikus wrote:

I know how you feel about me, so you can disregard this post if you wish.

You can't just disappear for nearly a year and then come back and expect everybody to still be around.

First of all, I don't care what was going on in your life, you had a moment somewhere in those months to post and tell people who were interested that you were going on hiatus. If you are going to have a project like this, you have a certain amount of responsibility to those in your community.

It's an absolute dick move to just walk away and not communicate anything about what's going on. There's literally no excuse for that behavior. It's the kind of bullshit that EJ would pull.

Yes I can. I've accepted no money and this is a hobby which means I am obligated to no one. You are not entitled to anything.

#10 2021-05-24 03:30:47

Kovitikus
Alpha Tester

admin wrote:

Yes I can. I've accepted no money and this is a hobby which means I am obligated to no one. You are not entitled to anything.

EJ has the same shitty attitude. You sure are taking the recreation of Xenimus literally.

Clearly you have no concept of a moral or social obligation to others.

#11 2021-05-24 03:31:36

SteveOfEngland

hey mate yeah theres still alot of interest we just reside on discord mostly, its just alot quicker and easier to check.  excited to see this come back.

#12 2021-05-24 16:28:18

Savage

Looking forward to seeing the improvements. Redownloading and updating now to give it a try.

#13 2021-05-26 22:09:17

admin
Administrator

Hey guys. Glad some of you are still keeping tabs on the game. This makes me want to get an update out asap, as the current version of the game is pretty outdated. So I will try to get one out sooner than expected. This wont have all the changes that I've wanted to implement, but it will add a good number of stuff.

New spells planned for the next update

Flamma
Tueri
Velcoitas
Robur
Divinus Tueri
Noctus Visis
Contra Visus
Contra Magicus
Red Beam
New necromancer multi

Enemy hp and damage will be adjusted, player hp and mp will change as well.

A number of shrines will be introduced. 1 for each stat, and one additional shrine, probably for the instaport spell. The current port and teleport spell shrines has been revamped a bit. I'd like to get a * star shrine and spell in the game as well. And add some new hunting areas.

I really want to get skills in the game, but it might have to wait for the next update.

#14 2021-05-26 22:38:31

Savage

???

#15 2021-05-26 22:39:44

Savage

Those were supposed to be thumbs up emojis. Smh lol

#16 2021-05-29 07:26:08

Swift

Glad to see this is bieng worked on again.

#17 2021-07-13 20:20:39

9sam1

Kovitikus wrote:
admin wrote:

EJ has the same shitty attitude. You sure are taking the recreation of Xenimus literally.

Clearly you have no concept of a moral or social obligation to others.

You seem like an entitled twat. Some random guy working on a hobby for free doesn't owe you shit.

Board footer