Suminex Forums

Suminex message board

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-28 03:07:52

admin
Administrator

The future of the game

Hey guys. I apologize for being away for so long, I've been busy working on a different non-gaming project and there hasn't really been anything new to report.  Until now. I am getting back into working on Suminex.

One of the struggles I've had with this game is figuring out what I wanted it to become. I've had many ideas that have muddled my vision for this game, ideas like elements of survival and base building, etc. Ultimately I've decided all those ideas are better suited for a different game entirely (one I have no current plans to start, maybe in the long off future) and what I should strive for in Suminex is a xen-inspired pvp-heavy rpg where you can zone out, grind levels/gear and explore, but do it better. So my focus for the game is shifting towards PVP. My current plan is to make the game better and more smooth by revamping and overhauling anything needed, ironing out bugs and just making everything feel better and look better. I want to introduce many new abilities and skills to give characters and pvp a unique feel, and make each class unique and fun to play. Racials, skills, talents which modify abilities, buffs, etc. An increased level cap and guild system will be needed. I am also going to introduce a good/evil system. Now I know what you're thinking... but before you jump to conclusions it's going to work differently then how it worked on Xenimus. I want to encourage pvp as much as possible, and this system should do that. Basically all races can be either good or evil. By killing your own side you lose alignment. Eventually you will gain/lose enough alignment to be neutral, and then eventually fully transition to good/evil. Think old xen alignment system, but the evil side isnt restricted to just a shitty town. Each side will have benefits, both permanent ones and temporary ones based on pvp events or something else. The world will be redesigned to encourage pvp between the two factions, but pvp with your own faction is completely acceptable if you don't mind losing alignment. I also want to introduce a big DS-like dungeon environment, with a t7 DS-like entrance located in an area land-locked between the 2 sides, ensuring a good mess of pvp action. This good/evil system is not only beneficial to pvp, but it will help develop the game's story and environments as well. Improvements to pve and enemy AI is also a goal. 

No idea when you will see these changes, but work is already underway. I plan on having a pvp weekend with max level characters and gear for testing soon. More info on that as this update develops. I will try to post more frequently and update you on the progress. Missed you guys tongue

#2 2021-05-02 18:02:39

admin
Administrator

Re: The future of the game

Currently upgrading the game's network solution (Mirror). It is becoming quite the task, but I think the rewards will be worth it. Everything already seems much smoother but I have to make sure everything works properly because it broke a lot of stuff. Thinking about updating the current version of the game to this newer updated network solution once I get all the problems ironed out.

Board footer