Suminex Forums

Suminex message board

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-06 20:37:11

Swift

Duplication bug

I'm going to present as much information as I have on this because I could not reproduce it, but it happened and it obviously will be a problem in the future.

I saw another character in town and we were talking, I killed him jokingly, picked up some of his items he dropped and them dropped them back for him as he was selling.

I asked what level he was and went to storage grabbed a few items I had extra went back to him and dropped them for him, he began to sell again.

I went to the Square in town clicked over to post something in My QOL thread I started and went to switch back over to my game but it was closed.... ( I don't remember logging out but maybe I did I'm not sure)

I logged back in and for some reason my character would not load ( I could not see the character model I could not move it would not let me press log out nothing was responding) I thought maybe you were putting out another update so I clicked the X in the top right ( I play in windowed mode)

I clicked back on the launcher and logged back in and asked the other player if there was an update or if he lagged? He said no and no.
( I shrugged it off and went to storage )

I clicked on storage and all of the items that I had taken out and given the player had returned into my storage essentially duping them.

He checked his storage and had them as well.

Now I'm not sure what along the way caused this but I tried to reproduce it a few ways with no success.

I tried taking items out of storage dropping them on the ground and force closing the game with x
I tried taking out items dropping and force closing with alt f4
I tried logging out regularly just in case.

None of this worked.

I did not reproduce the entire process of killing the other player and all of that because I just figured it didn't have anything to do with what happened ( But maybe it does? / I doubt it)

Somehow with the original duping I think the character data wasn't saved somehow?? I know this was a problem in the past with force closing but as I said it was not reproduceable by force closing again.

#2 2020-03-06 20:55:07

Swift

Re: Duplication bug

On further review I discovered that maybe the server somehow has an auto log feature?????

I left suminex up in the background and it auto closed after a while?
I logged back in and again there was no character data save this time not duping but deleting items.

somehow its connected to this

#3 2020-03-09 06:04:02

Colby
Administrator

Interesting. I've been waiting for a duplication but to come up. I have an idea of why it might have happened. There is no auto log feature, but if the server realizes you are not receving commands it will eventually disconnect you.

#4 2020-03-16 15:34:13

SteveOfEngland

I think the game doesn't save inventories properly unless u log out properly.

Board footer