Suminex Forums

Suminex message board

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-19 14:18:49

Swift

Bugs

Figured I would just post a topic dedicated to bugs I find and others find.

UPDATED AS OF BUILD 6 LIST CLEANED UP A BIT ALL BUGS CURRENT AS OF BUILD 6

-Pathing for NPC's in spawn town is wonky

- Swing animation ( Not an actual bug just needs to be cleaner)

- On death it seems all items I have ever had in my inventory drop , even those already previously sold to the merchant. (not sure what could be causing this)

-Key binding is a bit buggy , often times keys don't appear bound ie. they don't show up on the list when they are infact actually bound, Other times it seems they don't bind? Perhaps just a list error and im over writing previously bound keys.

- Would love to see a view change key if possible (Not a bug)

- When placing items in storage from your inventory everything appears as the first item in your inventory.

- portal spell sound effect is global'

-Some weapons appear to have 0-0 damage (seems to be mostly 2 handed weapons)

- On death Mederi no longer works and requires a restart

- It is possible to overheal health and magic to beyond maximum capacity through mederi and or health / magic potions. ( Simply get hit once and use a Health potion or mederi the total amount of HP that would have been healed fully will be added onto the amount missing) ( Example: lets say a HP potion heals for 100 and I have 100 health I go get hit by a bug for 1 HP and use a HP potion I will now have 199 HP) The same applies with MP
potions.

- Mana regen on the HUD at the top always says 0.01 no matter how much MP regen gear I have equipped

- it is possible to get under the map and get stuck when around the water ledge somehow.

- Elder imps when gathered in groups larger than 3 just dance around you

- The switch in the downstairs graveyard is inoperable

- When dropping gear to trade or just dropping, sometimes the game will " eat items" they will just disappear never to be seen again

- It  is possible to attack run forever when clicking in the side of the screen after attack running once, you begin running at the same speed indefinitely

-  Chat no longer overlaps in the chat log but it does not show the entire sentence above the character in game

- Portal skill costs no mana

- bread seems to do nothing?

- switching items (one from your inventory to one equiped) sometimes deletes the one your switching, (seems to happen when inventory full?)

- side scroll option in inventory would be helpful (not a bug)

- when marking in an area after death you respawn in that area

- Jump slam ground effect persists forever , needs a decay rate

- Can cast and receive ports on square

- No class requirements ( might be fun regardless)

- Monsters can spawn on top of pillars in new dungeon

- Sometimes monsters do not render on screen but you can still hit them. moving sometimes render/ de-renders  monsters

- it is possible to combine several animation/ skills/ ability sequences to make mega abilities. ( using slam and spin at the same time creates a tornado of destruction, similarly trans and spin)
i
- can use item storage / merchants from anywhere in the world just click on the merchant and then walk away the UI will stay up as long as you don't exit it out

- When you click on the storage merchant there is a chance to attack him ( he can then kill you and stays mad for a while)

- Experience requirement from 13 to 14 is incorrect , it only requires 100k not the 250k stated.

-Some characters are placed in the world forever ( I have been adventuring with a character named ezekial when I came upon his "former self" lifeless in the world. It was a previous character model of his character (same name) positioned in the world with different gear where he had been before.
This actually happened twice with the same character name but different gear in 2 different spots above T1 not far from each other. ( not sure if the server is saving the character when it changes gear and leaving a lifeless copy in the world?)  I was able to hit the character model but not kill it and mobs were not interested in it.

- The pit near new dungeon is very buggy, it pulls you in and you can get stuck similar to mountains. Except in the pit you die and your magic bag will not protect your gear. leaving the gear unretreavable at the bottom of the pit.

Last edited by Swift (2020-02-22 13:53:16)

#2 2020-02-20 04:24:04

SteveOfEngland

Re: Bugs

If you die with a bag on, the bag works but stays equipped however the bag doesn't work if you die again, but you can just re equip it for it to work again.

#3 2020-02-20 15:28:59

Colby
Administrator

Swift wrote:

Figured I would just post a topic dedicated to bugs I find and others find.

I feel like a mega A hole posting all of this.... should I stop or is this helpful?

Wow awesome. No please keep posting 'em, it helps me improve the game. I appreciate it smile

Swift wrote:

- -Pathing for NPC's in spawn town is wonky

Yeah I am aware. Focused on other more important issue atm.

Swift wrote:

- Weapon and armor merchants sell all items for 0 gold, which can then be resold to them for profit. (item merchant seems fine)

This was intentional to make testing a bit easier.

Swift wrote:

- Swing animation ( Not an actual bug just needs to be cleaner)

Yeah low priority for now. The xen animations dont convert well at all.

Swift wrote:

- On death it seems all items I have ever had in my inventory drop , even those already previously sold to the merchant. (not sure what could be causing this)

The server must not removing items a player sells. I should make this server authoritative while I'm at it.

Swift wrote:

-Key binding is a bit buggy , often times keys don't appear bound ie. they don't show up on the list when they are infact actually bound, Other times it seems they don't bind? Perhaps just a list error and im over writing previously bound keys.

This should be fixed in the next update coming soon.

Swift wrote:

- Please dissalow mouse 1 to be bound to anything if possible, Encountered a bug where I accidentally bound it to inventory opening and attack run and it refuses to let me open the key binding menu to rebind as it keeps opening inventory now and not clicking keys.

Okay

Swift wrote:

- Mountain collision still seems a bit off, cant enter the mountains or anything but it causes the character to path weird around them.

You're not supposed to. They just act as barriers. As long as you're not getting stuck in them that's all I care about for right now.

Swift wrote:

- Would love to see a view change key if possible (Not a bug)

Good idea. I experimented with different viewpoints in the past and it was pretty neat.

Swift wrote:

- Seems as though maybe the chat log is stuck center screen with no way to move the position creating a click dead zone? ( simple repositioning maybe easiest here) - Fixed

Swift wrote:

- Chat now overlaps when sentences are to long (Build 4)

Fixed in the next update coming soon.

Swift wrote:

- as far as I can tell the game only allows the creation of 1 character on the account, but still takes the name and registers it so it cannot be used again if others are created on the same account. ( if they are created and stored it does not show them in the list at least)

Yeah the other slots are disabled right now for simplicity. I should probably make this obvious at the start.

Swift wrote:

- Top HUD ( bar across top )where HP and Damage come together they overlap

This was only for testing and will get removed.

Swift wrote:

- Skills menu does not appear to be working ( may not be implemented yet)

Not implemented yet.

Swift wrote:

- Mage projectiles seem to have infinite range

No they just last a lot longer than In xen. I always hated the short projectile range there.

Swift wrote:

- When placing items in storage from your inventory everything appears as the first item in your inventory.

Ok

Swift wrote:

- portal spell sound effect is global'

Ok

Swift wrote:

- logging out and then in seems to give full health (will test further)

ok

Swift wrote:

-Some weapons appear to have 0-0 damage (seems to be mostly 2 handed weapons)

Yeah I should probably implement 2 handers. I need to go through all items and restat them

Swift wrote:

- The damage indicator on the top HUD seems to be in constant fluctuation (not sure if this is whats happening as its being randomly generated for a hit?)

That's your damage when taking your weapon min max into consideration. I gotta disabled that stat bar.

Swift wrote:

- On death Mederi no longer works and requires a restart

ok I will look at it.

Swift wrote:

- It is possible to overheal health and magic to beyond maximum capacity through mederi and or health / magic potions. ( Simply get hit once and use a Health potion or mederi the total amount of HP that would have been healed fully will be added onto the amount missing) ( Example: lets say a HP potion heals for 100 and I have 100 health I go get hit by a bug for 1 HP and use a HP potion I will now have 199 HP) The same applies with MP
potions.

Ok will fix

Swift wrote:

- Mana regen on the HUD at the top always says 0.01 no matter how much MP regen gear I have equipped

Will look into

Swift wrote:

- it is possible to get under the map and get stuck when around the water ledge somehow.

Yeah this is unitiy's navmesh agent. I need to replace that whole component eventually.

Swift wrote:

- Elder imps when gathered in groups larger than 3 just dance around you

Lol ok will look into. Sounds like the navagent.

Swift wrote:

- The switch in the downstairs graveyard is inoperable

Intentional for now.

Swift wrote:

- When dropping gear to trade or just dropping, sometimes the game will " eat items" they will just disappear never to be seen again

Haven't had a chance to look into this one yet.

Thanks a lot ! Keep it up. I have an update almost ready to come out. Gonna see what I can cram in there from this list first.

#4 2020-02-20 15:31:13

Colby
Administrator

SteveOfEngland wrote:

If you die with a bag on, the bag works but stays equipped however the bag doesn't work if you die again, but you can just re equip it for it to work again.

Ok

#5 2020-02-20 17:51:18

Colby
Administrator

Swift wrote:

Thanks for being on top of this, I would continue to report but I encountered another bug which seems to be game breaking.

- Exploring the map when my character got stuck near mountains, I can spin, access the menu ect. but I cannot move from the position I am in, tried to attack run out , tried to port on my self. None of this seems to work sad so I'm out of commission in the ol reporting game.

Going to start a new class on a new account and continue on

-Some characters are placed in the world forever ( I have been adventuring with a character named ezekial when I came upon his "former self" lifeless in the world. It was a previous character model of his character (same name) positioned in the world with different gear where he had been before.
This actually happened twice with the same character name but different gear in 2 different spots above T1 not far from each other. ( not sure if the server is saving the character when it changes gear and leaving a lifeless copy in the world?)  I was able to hit the character model but not kill it and mobs were not interested in it.

What character name? I could reset him and get your coords.

Seeing copies of yourself is a major problem. I am having an issue with Mirror correctly disconnecting players, and getting support for Mirror through their discord is like pulling teeth. I have coded in a way to manual remove players and it looks like you slipped through the check. Instead of alt+f4ing out try logging out. Gonna try to figure out what is going on with the disconnect function.

#6 2020-02-20 18:40:27

Brevik
Alpha Tester

Got to level 9 while playing around with Swift! (Its Ezekiel!)

However the game randomly crashed, when I went to log back in it says client outdated and to download the new update.

Targeting and attacking enemies is still a bit tricky and wonky.. spin attack works great, curious if there is any more content yet for level 10+?
Once I hit level 9 it takes 20k to get to level 10 and the grind is starting to get real haha.

#7 2020-02-20 18:44:05

Colby
Administrator

Brevik wrote:

Got to level 9 while playing around with Swift! (Its Ezekiel!)

However the game randomly crashed, when I went to log back in it says client outdated and to download the new update.

Targeting and attacking enemies is still a bit tricky and wonky.. spin attack works great, curious if there is any more content yet for level 10+?
Once I hit level 9 it takes 20k to get to level 10 and the grind is starting to get real haha.

Awsome smile. This last update I added a higher level dungeon, it should give a good amount of experience. The location is north of the river above t2, follow that south. Look for wizards and an entrance.

Once things are running relatively smooth I will add a bunch of new dungeons.

#8 2020-02-20 23:12:58

Brevik
Alpha Tester

I found that dungeon you were talking about.. it was definitely a nice boost in EXP.. Ogres, wizards, hell hounds, etc..
Level 12 now.. things are pretty solid for it being so early on.. best item i have found so far is Sword of Blood (nostalgic)..

I noticed the level req for mystic was level 10.. which makes some of the lower lvl 8-14 gear useless.. not sure if you did this on purpose just for the testing.

Anyways i look forward to more content for level 12+!! Great job so far!

#9 2020-02-21 02:41:49

SteveOfEngland

Hm I've not seen ogres yet. I've been lucky on drops. Pm sword om lthr demo lthr mbm sp shield sp pl8 and bunch of mage stuff lol. I found the island dungeon North of town seems to drop best

#10 2020-02-21 03:55:55

Brevik
Alpha Tester

Hit level 14.. Found an Ominex hammer and demo leather so that was exciting.. Got trans.. and it works great!

Respawn is kind of glitchy/laggy.

#11 2020-02-21 04:58:00

SteveOfEngland

Wheres the ogre spot? Best xp place I've found is North dungeon.
I've prob got some stuff u can use at ur lev. I'm still only 10.i think some of the spirit stuff I have is lv13

Last edited by SteveOfEngland (2020-02-21 04:58:56)

#12 2020-02-21 16:12:15

Return of God
Alpha Tester

great work Swift. Im going to have a go again tomorrow.

Have you and Brevik given low level pvp a go?

#13 2020-02-21 18:10:10

Swift

Not going to lie just realized there was a bug section to the boards..... LOL , Mods can move this over there if they would like.

#14 2020-02-21 18:19:39

SteveOfEngland

i had a spirit staff equipped, put a mystic staff on and then put spirit staff back on and seemed to gain hp steal, which is a built in on the mystic staff.

also you can walk through the wall in the new dungeon, as you leave first big room, top left block is missing so you can walk around the black area.

#15 2020-02-21 20:13:53

Brevik
Alpha Tester

Almost lvl 17 now.. I am a Gnome Warrior .. it feels amazing running around as the gnome model while wearing Ominex leather and Ominex hammer, rocking the Spirit Helmet, and Spirit Shield until I find Ominex to replace them...

Loving this so far!! The spawn of monsters seems to be better today and less glitchy/laggy..

Gonna need a new place to level soon lol!

#16 2020-02-22 07:17:54

Return of God
Alpha Tester

Up to level 8. great fun at the moment finding the old school gear and also not knowing the area. Equip levels seem great!

As expected with Alpha lots of  feedback (not necessarily bugs)

-Combat mechanics/animation still needs a lot of work (showing  when hits connect and also blocking of hits would be great)
-wizard enemies fire ball either doesn't always register damage/it misses?
-Enemy spell projectiles go through other enemies (I always liked it how they could hit each other)
-when i died and returned a minute later all my gear had gone
- i have to log off and on regularly to see inventory and equipped items
-often hard to click on the merchants
-would be great to have a level up notification
-when i press I or P i am very used to pressing escape to exit the view
- miss having buttons for use item (u) and cast spell (c)

#17 2020-02-22 08:41:09

Return of God
Alpha Tester

up to level 9.

Personally main focus for me should be the combat as that will be key long term for pvp. As it stands pve is a little too easy as the AI of the mobs seems very low and the melee mobs seem to have low agil. Also spells from mobs seem to miss a lot making them very easy

#18 2020-02-23 07:02:53

Return of God
Alpha Tester

level 10 on a human warrior. Not sure if its class specific but my mp regain is infinite with just a dragon helm. Other wise mecahnically  sp run and and spin seem to work well (although dont always graphics for spin hitting mobs). Mellee swing animation needs a lot of work to be on par with Xen, Having infinite mp means it was alll a bit easy. Is spin speed related to agil and damage to stre? I seem to spin very fast with 23 agil, damage seems low though

Mobs dont seem to target you as well as xenimus yet and without the animations of being hit and hitting its hard to judge the pve.

Rather tahn focus on expanding content past level 10 I would first focus on smoothing out the bugs and the pve animations. Make mobs smarter?  Wizards particularly seem to appear and disappear randomly and some mobs dont attack you? Not sure if summoners are meant to attack?  Lower level mobs: wizards, skells, bugs, forrest things almost did no damage after level 3. I think its because they dont target you correctly?

Great potential here

Last edited by Return of God (2020-02-23 07:04:50)

Board footer